The iPhone OS v2.2 will be given in circulation on 21 November’08
Some of the new features of the iPhone OS v2.2 are:
- New look for the Safari with the Google search bar now occupying its own space on the title bar.
- Add toggle On / Off to disable the auto-correction.
- Support for new languages.
- The Line-in audio is activated and can be used through the headphone jack.
- New features of Maps.app:
- Google Street View.
- Google Transit information – Routes public transport.
- Walking directions.
- Location sharing.
- New features of the App Store:
- The sector ‘Categories’ now shows the icons of the applications instead of the list.
- In each page of the application has been added a button ‘Tell A Friend’ & ‘Report A Problem’.
- Added the possibility for direct download from the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store.