Cei care si-au deschis contul de Gmail azi au vazut probabil mesajul “A new look for Gmail” si au luat la cunostinta de noile modificari ale Gmail-ului.
Link-ul “Compose mail” a fost transformat intr-un buton (mult mai vizibil decat link-ul”, iar “Contacts” si “Tasks” au fost mutate in partea superioara a sidebar-ului, inaintea butonului de “Compose” si “Inbox“.
In afara acestor modificari vizibile inca din prima pagina de dupa logare, Gmail-ul a suferit modificari importante la managementul contactelor.
Updates to Contacts
We’ve also done a major overhaul to Contacts, adding a bunch of features you requested and making Contacts easier to use.
- Contacts work a lot more like Mail. Keyboard shortcuts now work in Contacts too, and we’ve made selecting and grouping contacts more like selecting and labeling email.
- Sort contacts by last name. Look under More actions for this option.
- Use custom labels for phone numbers and other fields. For example, you can label a phone number as “Vacation home.” Please be aware, ActiveSync for iPhone and Blackberry Sync don’t yet support custom labels so custom labeled numbers/emails/etc. may not appear on your phone.
- Undo. Now, when you make changes to your contacts, you can undo your recent changes.
- Automatic saving. You no longer need to worry about “edit” mode or “view” mode — just edit away and Gmail will save your changes.
- Structured name fields. You can now set name components (i.e. Title, First, Middle, Last and Suffix) explicitly or continue to use the name field as a free form area if you prefer a less structured approach.
- Manual and bulk contact merge. You can now merge contacts from the More actionsmenu. Just select the contacts you’d like to merge and select Merge contacts from under the More actions menu. Or, to get a list of suggestions for contacts to merge, select Find and merge duplicates.
Mai multe noutati despre Gmail puteti afla de pe blogul oficial : gmailblog.blogspot.com.